Open, honest, funny and sad in equal measure, the story of the Swedish striker from childhood to superstar is a must-read for any football fan, even if you think he’s a bit of a dickhead.
If you’re looking for a last minute stocking filler for a loved one this Christmas, buy them this then nick it for yourself a day later.
Here’s our favourite moments from the book:
- “We won the UEFA Supercup, I was awesome.”
- “An injured Zlatan is a properly serious thing for any team.”
- “If Mourinho lights up a room, Guardiola draws the curtains.”
- “I’ve done all kinds of shit. I don’t get into punch ups, though. All right, on the pitch I guess I’ve headbutted a few people.”
- “One time I got dressed in all black, Rambo-style, and took a massive pair of bolt-cutters and nicked a military bike.”
- “I haven’t been drunk too many times, just one episode where I passed out in the bathtub after the first Scudetto with Juventus. That was Trezeguet, that snake, who egged me on to drink shots.”
- “What did she get for an engagement present?” “Whaddaya mean, present? She got Zlatan.”
- “What the fuck! Southampton! Is that my level?”
- “What John Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange.”
- “Every bar I go to becomes a trendy hangout.”