This image of the top seven in the Premier League is doing the rounds. As it stands after ten games, just a single point separates 2nd placed Chelsea and Everton down in seventh.
Of course, Arsenal are the pick apart with a little cushion in first place after their defeat of Liverpool on Saturday, but any of the next six will all have reason to be confident.
- Chelsea have had their doubters but with a deep squad are poised in an excellent position to challenge for first place and eventual glory.
- Liverpool have had their best start in five years and although are lacking some depth in the centre of the park, are scoring at will with the so-called SAS front-line.
- Tottenham have invested heavily and we still have yet to see the emergence of £30million striker Erik Lamela and have seen only cameos from Christian Eriksen. They are perched very nicely as the season unfolds.
- Manchester City will be fairly disappointed with their start, but with such a strong squad they too are nicely positioned for an assault on the top place in the next handful of games.
- Southampton have had an astonishing start to the season, but are playing such a high quality of football that it’s not hard to see them sticking in the top seven for the next few months.
- Everton are grinding out results and Romelu Lukaku is only going to get better.
How do you rank this top seven in May?