The Football League has today launched its 2010 survey, giving fans the opportunity to have their say on important matters affecting clubs outside the top flight.
Around 400,000 registered members will be emailed the survey, and any other supporters can contribute by logging on to www.football-league.co.uk.
The survey was previously conducted in both 2006 and 2008, with over 40,000 people offering their views each time.
“This is the opportunity for fans to tell us their views on the football they watch,” said League Chairman, Lord Mawhinney.
“The opinions expressed by supporters in our two previous surveys contributed to our thinking as we developed our Regulations on Agents, our new Home Grown Players rule and our smoke-free policy at matches.
“They have also given clubs a better understanding of what their fans like and dislike about watching football, which has helped The League identify best practice at club level and improve the supporter experience.
“I hope fans to take this opportunity to make a difference, once again.”
Amongst the hot topics being surveyed are the introduction of goal-line technology, sin-bins and salary caps to refereeing standards, football on television and diving.
Fan-related issues, such as ticketing, stewarding, communication with supporters and whether they feel valued by their club, are also to the fore
Results will be published in the new year, and those participating will enter a draw where top prize is the chance to see their team train and meet the players.
There are also 100 Mitre Official Football League balls up for grabs.
Example questions from The Football League Supporters Survey 2010:
– Would you like to see The Football League trial the use of sin-bins in one of its competitions?
– Do you think The Football League should introduce a system that puts a limit on the amount clubs can spend on players’ salaries or restricts the number of players they can sign?
– Do you think the standard of refereeing in Football League matches is improving?
– Why did you start supporting your club?
– What might encourage you to attend more of your club’s home/away matches?
– Do you feel valued by your club?
– When would you prefer to watch live Football league matches on television?
– Would you be willing to pay to join a subscription service that would enable you to watch your club’s away matches on the internet?
To take part in The Football League Supporters Survey, visit http://www.sportswise.info/surveys/fld/fld.htm